Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Vancouver...ACTUAL day 1, not just evening one

Started the day by moving to my new room, a sixbed with only two other people in it. Went for a walk and, until 1.20pm, struggled to get a workinjg sim cardso i could contact people without using hostel's internet (1$half hour, pretty good). Sim card finally worked, then went Ice skating...Sorry Gen, but I thinki've found a sport I love as much as climbing...hell, just learning is as tough as a tough 20. I eventually got the hang of it (after i was told my skates were too loose) took some pics of the art galllery (Got a bird for you to identify for me ed)
After the rink closed down at 3.30 i went for a walk, finding myself down by the quay i bought a few useful souviners (if you get them, remember they were useful while i was roughing it in whitehorse...some form of honour to that) I caught a tremendously arctic breeze while i was down there, prompting me to take off my jacket to better enjoy it in t-shirt form (same way i figur5ed out how to skate right, only person on the rink in t-shirt i feel pride-bound to mention) visited a Jade shop and saw some interesting carvings, then just wandeered down into gastown to enjoy a prompted tourism spot (Gastown). I visited the souvineer shops along the way and, for the first time ever, found a personalised keyring with my name, exact spelling! othjer than that the next coolest thing i saw was a fake bears head to be mounted on a wall. I also visted a native american art shop, totem poles and talking stick types. the highest levels smelled like the art room (the place the carver did his work) and brought back happy memories for me. Once I got back to the Hostel, i met my roomates, Tony and Monet...or something....from germany, got changed into nicer clothes, went down stairs, and met several interesting people. The first was Bec, a girl who INSISTED on getting me drunk, an Aussie chick who is, as i write this, 'super tired' and 'sick of facebook emails'. No one else important, i got drunk to my disgrace : ) and metRachel, a girl who was very understanding and explained to me how to deal with a further important problem, one which i will not disclose here. I just met Bec again at the computer next to me, and I have nothing but good things to say about her, she rocks, and if youcatch any spelling or gramatical errors in this post its her fault, she and her shots.... All in all, it kicked absolute arse and I hope i get up in time for my flight tomrorow at 10.30.
          This has been Damian, Vancouver, Peace out, Signing out
 ps. I think I love hockey, and extremely early morning americanadian T.V

No comments:

Post a Comment